What can you expect from the College?
- High quality education that will enable you to achieve your personal goals and aspirations.
- Reviews and feedback that will enable you to see the progress you are making and set targets with you so that you can continue with your learning journey.
- Impartial information, advice and guidance based on each person’s individual needs and requirements. This will be identified through high-quality initial assessments before you enrol on your course.
- Access to high quality learning support services; including learning support and financial support where it is needed.
- Staff will be professional, polite, supportive and punctual.
- Wherever you access our services, you will learn in a safe and supportive environment, that is free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- We will advance equality of opportunity & foster good relations between different groups, promoting British values.
- We will follow Reading Borough Council’s Customer Service
- We will only reschedule or cancel services when there are no alternative
- We will respond to customer complaints in line with Reading Borough Council policy and take seriously any issues that are brought to our
- We will request your feedback and responses will influence and shape future
- We are required to follow up with you after you have left our service to find out what progress you have made.
What do we expect from you as a learner?
- Always provide us with the most up to date contact information and personal details so that we hold accurate records about you.
- Complete a learner enrolment form and provide evidence of any supplementary evidence, before using any facilities and re-enrol every year if you continue using our
- Inform us of any additional needs and/or disabilities before starting so that we can give you the support you need.
- Attend regularly and punctually and come prepared to learn.
- Fully participate in learning, complete work that is set for you, meet given deadlines and engage in the process of receiving feedback, doing progress checks and taking part in reviews.
- Inform us every time you are unable to attend lessons and if you have to leave your College programme, you should notify us as soon as possible.
- Behave in a way that does not offend or upset others, and show care, consideration and respect to all staff and fellow learners, whatever their race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability.
- To respect your learning environment, equipment and resources.
- Not enter our centres under the influence of alcohol or
- Comply with current health and safety requirements, taking care of yourself and others always.
- Pay all fees promptly (when required).
- Let us know what you are doing after your learning has finished and/or when you start work as part of our follow up activity.
- Provide feedback regarding the services you have used.
- To ask questions if you are unsure of anything.
Please note that if any member of staff judges your behaviour to be in breach of this Learner Charter, you may be withdrawn from your learning programme.
This agreement sets out the terms under which the New Directions College facilities are made available to you.
By using the facilities at New Directions College you agree to be bound by these conditions.
New Directions College accepts no liability in respect of loss or damage to personal possessions.
Please do not leave any personal belongings unattended in the College centres/delivery sites.
Charges apply for some services.