At New Directions College we offer a range of accredited Business Management courses. We work with the Institute for Leadership and Management to accredit all of our programmes. Our Tutors are highly experienced business leaders, with significant industry experience.
Most of our Business Management courses are work-based qualifications and so you will need to be employed or working voluntarily in a business management role to achieve the full qualification. You can study these qualifications independently or as part of an Apprenticeship standard.
Learning will take place through classroom based and/or online workshops. You will have access to a virtual learning environment where you can access tools and resources for your course and submit and receive feedback on your coursework and assignments. Your Tutor will also need to assess your occupational competence within the workplace and so you and your line Manager should be prepared for this.
NEW L1 Award in Book-keeping and Accounts (day)
Starting: Friday 17th September 2021 9:30 – 12:00 and Friday 4th March 2022 9:30 – 12:00. Sessions to be held online and at New Directions South.
Course fee: This course may be free depending on your personal circumstances. Please contact us.
NEW L2 Foundation Certificate in Book-keeping and Accounts (day)
Starting: Friday 21st January 2022 at 13:30 – 16:00. Sessions to be held online and at New Directions South.
Course fee: This course may be free of charge depending on your personal circumstances. Please contact us.
NEW L2 Certificate in Creating a Business Start-up (online)
This fully accredited, distance learning course, will support those keen on starting their own business or whom have recently started. You will develop skills and knowledge to make those initial steps for a new Business, including marketing, legal and financial considerations and developing a business plan.
Starting: this is an online distance learning programme and can be started at any time. Please apply using the link above.
Course fee: The course may be free depending on your personal circumstances. Please contact us.
L3 Leadership & Management Award, Certificate and Diploma
This qualification is ideal if you are have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Results for you
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
Impact for your employer
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business
- A broad range of optional units – qualification can be tailored to your organisation’s learning and development needs.
Focus on the skills you need
You can take this qualification as a concise Award, a broader Certificate or a comprehensive Diploma. The units in this qualification fall into seven broad areas. These are:
- core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate
- ability to perform management tasks –manage projects, lead meetings
- team leadership – for example, how to motivate people to improve performance
- change and innovation – plan and manage change, create a culture of innovation
- a full range of communications skills
- managing people and relationships – negotiation, networking, building relationships
- leadership – understand leadership, use action learning to develop your leadership capabilities.
Full qualification details can be found here.
Starting: September 2021 and a range of dates throughout the academic year. Sessions to be held online and through classroom based workshops. You will have full access to a virtual learning environment and e-portfolio to submit your work.
Course fee: this course could be free of charge if you do not yet have a full L3 qualification. Please speak to us to find out about eligibility for discounts. The full fee for the Diploma is £1987 which you can fund through an Advanced Learning Loan if eligible.
L5 Leadership and Management Award, Certificate and Diploma
This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers. Develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
Results for you
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Impact for your employer
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
Focus on the skills you need
This qualification is available as a concise Award, a broader Certificate or a very comprehensive Diploma. Each unit in this qualification focuses on a specific set of skills and knowledge, in six broad areas:
- Working with people – a range of units including how to deal effectively with stress and conflict, manage remote workers, build excellent customer relations
- Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance, and developing critical thinking
- Providing direction – such as leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives, and making strong and informed management decisions.
- Facilitating innovation and change – for example, build a culture of continued improvement, and lead people through change
- Achieving results – such as managing for efficiency and effectiveness, and managing projects that get results
- Using resources – including managing facilities and managing information.
Full qualification information can be found here.
Starting: November 2021 and at various dates throughout the academic year. Sessions to be held online and through classroom based workshops. You will have full access to a virtual learning environment and e-portfolio to submit your work.
Course fee: Award £193, Certificate £361 and Diploma £836
Our management apprenticeships are designed to create a more qualified and better trained workforce. We currently offer apprenticeships for the Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship and Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship.