Our offer to local businesses
New Directions working with employers
Introduction to Apprenticeships with New Directions College
Introduction to Traineeships with New Directions College
Kickstart - National Job Placement Scheme
Introduction to Kick Start
Let us know how we can support you and your business
New Directions College is working with businesses and employers across Reading and central Berkshire, to offer a range of support services, that include:
- skills and training
- workforce development support and succession planning
- talent pipelines with our Traineeships and work experience programmes
- recruitment support – help filling vacancies
- response to redundancy – we support employers to provide support to their staff if they are at risk of redundancy
- apprenticeship delivery (see below for more information and click on our apprenticeships page)
- Kickstart funding
- training facilities, including a state of the art training kitchen
- Government funding support – advice and guidance about the latest government funding available to employers.
Contact us for more information or to discuss you business needs:
Besmir Baxha – Apprenticeships and Vocational Curriculum Manager
07929 787 697
Introducing Reading UK
New Directions College and Reading UK are partners for the Kickstart Scheme.
Reading UK – exists to boost business and enhance visitor experiences in a way that improves the quality of life of all in the Reading region.
This CIC was established in 2007, and operates as a private sector led partnership with the public sector to create opportunities and remove barriers to growth in Reading. The core business of Reading UK is to drive growth and to create an economy which is competitive and attractive to global business, with a vibrant 24/7 cultural sector at its centre. In addition Reading UK supports strong local business sectors, creates employment opportunities for local people of all ages and promotes the benefits of a strong economy to everyone that lives, works or visits Reading.
Powered by People – Reading’s Economic Recovery Strategy
Reading UK has launched a new economic recovery and renewal strategy in response to the C19 Pandemic and its impacts on the economy. The “Powered by People” strategy prioritises support for local people to get back into work with new digital and green economy skills, investment in sustainable infrastructure and businesses, the recovery of our town centre and the attraction of business and visitors moving Reading to a successful and acceptable ‘new normal’.
The ‘Powered by People’ Strategy aims to build back an economy that is more inclusive, smarter and more sustainable, and to continue to raise the profile of Reading as a great place to live, work, visit and do business. Together with its delivery partners, Reading UK aims to help generate a positive economic response to the Coronavirus pandemic, helping to ensure Reading’s economy can bounce back as quickly as possible.
It aims to achieve this by focusing on three main priorities:
- Inclusive Reading: Employment, skills and training for local people
- Smart Reading: a successful, resilient economy, businesses and city centre fit for the future
- Destination Reading: a great place to work, live, visit and do business.
For more information about Reading UK and the services they offer, visit their website: Living Reading – visit, stay,work, invest, do business and live in Reading, Berkshire, UK