Are you aged 19 - 24? Is a lack of work experience and skills holding you back?
If so then our Traineeship programme could be for you!
Traineeships provide you with real work experience within Reading Borough Council or another local employer, whilst gaining nationally accredited qualifications that will improve your skills and knowledge.
What are the benefits of becoming one of our Trainees?
- Real work experience in real jobs at Reading Borough Council or another local employer
- Full induction training and ongoing on the job training and support
- Sector specific training and qualifications in addition to English, Maths and ICT certificates
- Develop your confidence, skills and knowledge
- Careers advice and guidance and support to secure employment or further training
What are the entry requirements for a Traineeship?
- Aged 19-24 (or 25 with an ECHP)
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed, or have little or no work experience, but are motivated to work
- Qualified at Level 3 or below
What is involved?
Your Traineeship will run for up to 12 weeks. To start with you will have a full induction which will last for at least two weeks. This will give you the chance to experience what is to come and offers you the opportunity to ask questions. You will then start your work placement for 4 to 4.5 days a week and attend college for 0.5 to 1 day a week. During your work placement you will receive full guidance and support and your college day will give you time to record your progress as well as to work towards work related qualifications and develop your skills in English, Maths and ICT.
Can I apply if I currently receive benefits?
Yes. You can continue to claim the benefits you currently receive while completing your Traineeship.
Will my Traineeship lead to a job?
As you gain skills, knowledge, work experience and new qualifications, you'll be able to add these to your CV. It is proven that current work experience and the right skills and behaviours can significantly increase your changes of finding and securing employment.
Want to apply or find out more? Fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.