Microsoft Teams Instructions Apple Users
GUIDANCE FOR USING MICROSOFT TEAMS - Apple Users
If your course is to be delivered online, you will need to be able to access Microsoft TEAMS.
You will require:
- Access to Microsoft Teams on your Apple device
- Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge or Safari
- A device with audio/video
There are two ways of accessing your classes:
- Directly through your web browser (you do not need to download Teams or install it) or;
- Through the TEAMS App, this can be downloaded for free onto your desktop, tablet or mobile using any App store.
Joining your class and downloading TEAMS
Your tutor will send you invitations to join your classes via email. When you receive these invitations, you will see joining instructions towards the bottom. Please follow these instructions:
- Click on 'Join Microsoft Teams Meeting'
2. Click on ‘Get Teams’
3. Click on ‘Get’ to download from the Apple store. You will need to know your Apple ID/password for this.
4. You do not have to sign up for an account.
5. Now go back to the email invite and follow the instruction below.
Joining your class
- Click on ‘Join Microsoft Teams Meeting’
- Click ‘Join as a guest’.
- Allow access to your Microphone
- Enter your name and then click ‘Join Meeting’
- You are now in the meeting. Please click the camera and the microphone icons to turn on your camera and microphone so that your Tutor and class can see and hear you.
After clicking ‘Join Now’ you will see your class appear as people join. You will also see the below bar appear at the bottom of your screen.
If you have any questions during your class, you can just ask or chose to click on the hand icon, so the tutor knows you have a question. You can also add comments or see the class chat by clicking on the Group Chat icon.
If you have any questions or need further help, please speak to your Tutor. We hope you enjoy your classes on TEAMS.