Support for learners with additional needs
New Directions College is committed to providing an inclusive learning environment and aims to make the most of every student’s learning opportunities.
The Learning Support team at New Directions College is well-established and can offer a wide range of services and interventions for all our learners.
We ensure learners with disabilities or learning difficulties feel welcome and are supported throughout their time at the College.
We provide encouragement and support the promotion of independent learning and learner progression by providing additional support based on individual needs identified through assessments.
This service is available for leaners that may require additional support in order to complete their chosen course.
Our Support includes:
- Classroom support with an experienced tutor
- Teaching materials in a suitable format including digital, large print or audio
- One to one support with a Learning Support Worker
- Accessible IT equipment
- Hearing Loops
- Resources for learners who are visually impaired
- Adaptations to resources for people with dyslexia
- Access arrangements for exams
We ensure that all our teaching locations and facilities are fully accessible.
If you think you will require some help or would like some advice please speak to your tutor or alternatively our Learning Support team when enrolling on a course.