We have an exciting Apprenticeship opportunity, working alongside our Curriculum Managers and supporting the Curriculum teams. You will develop skills in general administration, curriculum and quality administration and data reporting. Supporting all areas of delivery across the College, this Apprenticeship is well suited to someone who enjoys working with others across a diverse range of projects. Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise tasks are key for this post as is the ability to work using your initiative to drive forward service standards.
You will undertake the advanced level business administration apprenticeship standard and will develop core administration skills in line with national standards and will be coached and supported by the Senior Business Support Officer and Deputy Principal.
This is predominantly a desk-based role with the opportunity to work from home as well as in the office. You should be confident to communicate across online platforms such as Microsoft Teams and to use the phone. You will be dealing with College and council colleagues as well as our learners daily and will be provided with the training and digital kit and equipment to enable you to succeed.
Each week you will be given time away from work to focus on your accredited learning. You will attend online or classroom-based workshops with a designated Tutor/Assessor who will guide you through your Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship and functional skills in Maths and English if you do not already hold them.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 32 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at New Directions College
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day Nursery at the Civic Offices) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan – to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
If you would like more information, contact Marta Johansen on
Tel: 0345 842 0012 / 07929769402
To apply, please visit: www.reading.gov.uk/work-for-the-council/