Message to all of our new and existing learners:
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the College from Monday 13th September. We wanted to update you on our covid-safety measures for the start of term.
Step 4 of the Government’s road map saw the lifting of many Covid-19 restrictions for England. The current government guidance is for schools and Colleges, including Adult Community Education, to resume, as far as it practical, pre-Covid operation procedures from Sept 2021 e.g. there will no longer be a requirement for bubbles and social distancing.
However, at New Directions College, we have the following protocols in place to maintain our effective safety measures and to help make our learners feel confident about returning to learning face to face. We ask all learners to read these protocols and adhere to them.
- We ask everyone to keep a comfortable distance from other people. Please appreciate that some people may ask for this to be 2 metres.
- Face masks are recommended but are not mandatory.
- We ask everyone to complete twice weekly lateral flow testing. Do not come to College if you feel unwell.
- Read and follow the on-site guidance. Signs are used to help guide you around the building and to minimise social contact.
- At College, you should avoid all physical contact and there is to be no exchange of items unless sanitised or quarantined previously.
- Wash and sanitise your hands frequently whilst at College and sanitise any surfaces you touch using the sanitizer provided.
- We ask you to notify us if you test positive for Covid-19.
These measures are designed to help keep everyone safe and to minimise the risks of infection. If you have any queries or concerns about these measures, please speak to a member of staff.
We wish you every success in the forthcoming academic year and thank you in advance for your co-operation.
New Directions College