We are delighted to announce our Art Competition.
We would like to invite all young Reading artists to participate in this exciting event with prizes sponsored by Daler Rowney, and a judging panel including guest Judge, renowned artist Sarah Graham.
The theme of the competition is ‘My Wonderful World’ which can be interpreted in any 2D medium from painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, textiles, and photography. The winning pieces will be exhibited online, and the original artworks will be exhibited at the prize giving event at Reading Town Hall.
Who can enter
Any resident in the greater Reading area aged 4 – 18 years. Groups will be judged in the following age categories (Year groups entered from Sept 2022):
Reception – Year 2
Year 3 – Year 6
Year 7 – Year 10
Year 11 – Year 13
How to enter
· Submitting your artwork is completely free and is done online. If you’re 12 or under, a parent/guardian or teacher will need to enter for you. If you’re 13 or over, you can submit artwork yourself.
· Each young artist can submit one artwork on the theme ‘My Wonderful World’.
· Artwork should be in a 2D format no larger than A1. It can be any medium including painting, drawing, collage, photography, textiles, and printmaking.
· The image must be original and completed entirely by the young artist.
· You will need to enter a clear image of your artwork, which must be photographed* and emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3pm on Friday 26th August 2022. Entries can not be counted after this date.
· Your email must be titled with your name and year group category for example:
‘Jo Bloggs – Year 7 – Year 10’, please give your image the same title. (Please select which year group you will be in Sept 2022.)
· In the email, please provide the following information:
Dimensions of artwork
Information about the artwork and what inspired you (No more than 100 words)
Contact telephone number
*Photographing your work
This is the image that the judging panel will use to select the winning artworks, so make sure the image shows the whole artwork and that colours are as close to the original piece as possible. A good tip for taking pictures of your work is to take it outside in natural light on a cloudy day.
Winning artists will be contacted by New Directions College by Friday 9th September 2022, and arrangements will be made for original artworks to be delivered to New Directions College for the exhibition and prize giving event, on Wednesday 21st September 2022. Please note, New Directions College is unable to contact all participants, so you will only be contacted if your work is selected.
We can’t wait to see your amazing creations!
Good luck from,
The New Directions College team.