New Directions Customer Charter
What can I expect from New Directions? What will they expect of me?
Our promise to all our customers:
- Wherever you access our services, you will find a safe, healthy and supportive environment.
- We will provide a learning environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- We will advance equality of opportunity & foster good relations between different groups, promoting British values.
- We will follow Reading Borough Council’s Customer Service policies.
- Staff and tutors will be punctual.
- We will only reschedule or cancel services when there are no alternative options.
- We are committed to Life Long Learning and providing learning opportunities for the residents of Reading.
- We will offer impartial information, advice and guidance based on each person’s individual needs and requirements.
- We will respond to customer complaints in line with Reading Borough Council policy and take seriously any issues that are brought to our attention.
- We will request your feedback and responses will influence and shape further services.
- We are required to follow up with you after you have left our service to find out what, if any, difference the service made
Our offer to customers using the free job search facilities:
- You can use the Internet for job search (limited to 2 hours per day – not for personal use).
- You can print & photocopy job-related documents such as CV, covering letters and application forms (maximum of 10 items per day).
- We will provide telephone access (for job search only).
- We will provide access to impartial National Careers Service advice sessions and Employability courses (dependent on eligibility).
As a customer of New Directions, you agree to:
- Inform us of any additional needs and/or disabilities before starting so that we can give you the support you need.
- Attend regularly and punctually and inform us every time you are unable to attend.
- Behave in a way that does not offend others, and show care, consideration and respect to all staff and fellow customers, whatever their race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability.
- Not enter our centres under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Treat all staff and other customers in a polite and non aggressive manner at all times.
- Comply with health and safety requirements, taking care of yourself and others at all times.
- Ensure we know when you are on New Directions premises, by signing in and out at receptions or by being listed as present on your class register.
- Respect premises, property and equipment.
- Pay all fees promptly.
- Complete a learner enrolment form before using any facilities and re-enrol every year if you continue using our services.
- Let us know what you are doing after your learning has finished and/or when you start work as part of our follow up activity (for statistical purposes only).
- Use the free job search services provided within the boundaries as stated above.
- Feedback regarding the services you have used when asked so services can better meet the needs of local residents.
- Ensure you are aware of the complaints procedure.
Please note that if you are rude, bully, harass or victimize staff or other customers, threaten them verbally or physically or engage in any terrorist activities, you will be asked to leave immediately and will no longer be allowed to use our services, in line with Reading Borough Council Policy.
This agreement sets out the terms under which the New Directions facilities are made available to you. By using the facilities at New Directions you agree to be bound by these conditions. New Directions accepts no liability in respect of loss or damage to personal possessions. Please do not leave any personal belongings unattended in New Directions centres. Charges apply for some services.