Information, Advice and Guidance
If you need advice on:
- further learning and qualifications
- finding a job or choosing a career path
- work experience or volunteering
We can support you by offering the following:
- impartial course advice to help you choose the right course
- up-to-date information on course fees and any additional costs or requirements associated with a course
- support with sourcing a work experience placement
- a meeting with our Quality Officer for Additional Learning Support if you need additional need help with your learning
- information on next steps and progression routes, including career development opportunities
- information about financial assistance and learning loans you may be entitled to
- information about support with the cost of childcare whilst you study
- referrals to the National Careers Service for a 1:1 appointment with a specialist advisor who can help with finding a course, job and or career pathway.
Please speak to our Team about accessing any of this support. They will be able to organise an appointment with the relevant person or service. Alternatively you can speak directly to your Tutor or any member of college staff.
New Directions College holds full and current Matrix Accreditation and is assessed annually against the standards. The matrix Standard is the Department for Education’s (DfE) standard for ensuring the quality of the delivery of high-quality information, advice and guidance. The Department for Education supports the matrix Standard as the quality framework for accrediting information, advice and guidance contracts including the National Careers Service, its subcontractors and other services delivered on behalf of the Education Skills Funding Agency.
To understand the Matrix Accreditation further, you can download the detailed assessment criteria from the Matrix Website.