New Directions College is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for everyone. We are continually improving the user experience, and working to be totally compliant to the relevant accessibility standards.
New Directions College takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the New Directions College website:
- Include accessibility as part of our strategic development plan, ours aims and our vision.
- Adopt formal accessibility quality assurance method as a tool for assessing the levels of conformance to national accessibility standards.
A programme of work is underway to ensure all content on this website is compliant to WCAG 2.1 Level AAA.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of New Directions College website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the New Directions College website:
- By email: email@example.com
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
We are currently working on our compatibility with browsers and assistive technology.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the New Directions College website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations with the New Directions College website:
- PDF documents: We are aware that some PDFs do not meet accessibility standards. We will do our best to ensure any PDFs added to the website are accessible. We are reviewing existing PDFs on the website and will replace with an accessible alternative. There may be times when we leave an inaccessible PDF on the website, in which case we will ensure we also include the information in html format.
- Downloadable documents: We are working to provide an online, accessible, version of every form and are working to improve the variety of ways we share information.
- Google Maps: Our aim is to ensure maps have relevant headings and a description of the map’s purpose.
- Videos: We aim for all embedded videos to have BSL, captions or transcripts.
- iFrames: We cannot guarantee that iFrame is accessible because it may be a third-party product that we have no control over. We are reviewing existing iFrames and replacing with an accessible alternative where possible.
- Tables: We aim for all tables to be accessible and have relevant titles, column and row headings.
- WCAG 1.4.3: Elements must have sufficient color contrast. Caused by pink colouring on selected elements on homepage.
- Best practice: Ensures landmarks are unique. Caused by the main menu appearing in the footer as well as the header.
- Best practice: Page should contain a level-one heading.
- Best practice: All page content should be contained by landmarks. Caused by a video player placing dynamic content at the bottom of the HTML page.
Please contact us if you encounter an issues regarding any of the above limitations.
New Directions College assessed the accessibility of New Directions College website by the following approaches:
This statement was last updated on 25 May 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.