New Directions College celebrates the diversity of our community, our learners and the employers that we work with. We are committed to working with and supporting all adults and young people, regardless of their individual circumstances, disabilities, difficulties, beliefs and/or values.
It is our goal to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment and accessible adult and community education to all, and to break down any barriers that affect a person’s ability to fully participate in learning.
We ask and encourage our service users to declare any disability, learning difficulty or circumstance that may impact on their learning experience so that we can provide appropriate support on an individual basis.
The College is committed to ensuring:
- All staff and volunteers understand and demonstrate an awareness to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Our marketing materials are accessible and inclusive.
- We promote opportunities to explore equality, diversity and inclusion within our course delivery and whole service practice.
- We promote a Learning Charter that outlines our expectations of staff and service users to treat everyone with respect.
- We use data and feedback as success measures when identifying how well the service is doing at promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.